On 19 October 2011, in the Passionist community of Jeevadhama (India), the following religious professed Final Vows: John Varghese, Jose Mejo and Einstein Felix. Fr. Antony Xavier, regional vicar, presided. The following day, 20 October, they were ordained deacons in the Passionist community of Jeevadhama (India) by His Excellency Bernard
On 19 October 2011, “Getsemani” Monastery of the Passionist Nuns was canonically erected in the city of Envigado, Medellín (Colombia). Bishop Fidel León Cadavid Marín, ordinary of the Diocese of Sonsòn – Rionegro, was the principal concelebrant of the solemn Mass of dedication. See the foto-gallery here: Monasterio Getsemani
On 1 October 2011 Sr. Louisa Maria van het Kruis of the Cross (Anna Maria Hubertina Vogels) of the monastery of Arnhem, Holland, was born into Eternal Life. Sr. Louisa was born 93 years ago on 7 July 1918. She professed First Vows on 3 May 1948. May the Lord
On 15 October, in Itabuna (Brazil), Fr. Homero Gomes Rebouças Filho was ordained to the priesthood in the Passionist community of St. Vincent Strambi, in the PRAES-DOMIN Vicariate, through the imposition of hands and the consecratory prayer of Bishop Gregório Paixão. Fotos of the celebration can be found at: mediagallery
To my dear brethren of the Congregation, and to all brothers and sisters of our extended Passionist Family, it is always a cause for joy when we gather together in spirit, and doubly so when this is in our community or with our families, to celebrate together the feast day
The October issue of “Pasioniario”, the Spanish language publication of the Passionists of Madrid, parish of “Santa Gemma” is now available. Click on the foto of the cover to view information about the magazine (format Google docs).
On 01 October the religious of the ASSUM Province of Poland concluded the celebrations marking the seventieth anniversary of the martyrdom of various Polish Passionists during the Second World War. In 1941 in the Nazi concentration camp of Dzia?dowo (Soldau) four priests and three Brothers of the community of Przasnysz